Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Diaper, Diaper, Who's Got the Diaper?

Did you ever play that game as a kid? Button, button, who's got the button? That was one of my favorites! Of course now I look back and think, really, not exactly an exciting game to play with just two or three people. But still! Loved it. Along with Skinamarinky Dinky Dink and Heads Down, Thumbs Up!

This evening, however, I pay homage to another love- my cloth diapers. Three in particular. 

Green Acre Designs pocket. Bought used for 6.50. In rotation for 1 year.


Green Acre Designs pocket #2. Bought used for 6.50. In rotation for 1 year.



Patchwork Pixie fitted. Bought used for 10.00. In rotation for my daughter and son!



While I'm not sure an approximate number of use for the Patchwork Pixie fitted, I can estimate the GAD pockets to have been somewhere around 200 times each. They weren't pretty when I got them! But they sure paid for themselves and then some(5 times over, to be exact). With a simple prefold insert, these puppies were an awesome workhorse diaper. It was painful but I finally sent the GADs on to the Great Cloth Diaper Heaven in the sky. The PWP I can't let go of, yet- rather silly but sentimental in that it was used on both of my babies.

Just had to share! We usually only see pictures of super cute, super new diapers. This is what those diapers look like when they've been loved, loved and loved some more. There's no shame in holey dipes! Only love, respect and gratitude. Wear 'em out, mamas!

0 comments:

 
Blog designed by PIP Designs