Monday, December 24, 2012

Ology by Walgreen's: Review


A few weeks ago I was contacted to do to review on Walgreen's new line, Ology. At first glance I was hesitant, wondering how on Earth a Walgreens brand would be applicable to my blog and lifestyle! Then I did a little reading and saw that Healthy Child, Healthy World had given them their blessing. That intrigued me!

Ology is a new brand of personal products hot off the press to be formulated free of harmful chemicals found in many of the more accessible brands at various nationwide chain stores. Walgreens developed the brand to answer a growing consumer demand and (hopefully) soon to be updated chemical laws via senate approved 'The Safe Chemicals Act'. In addition to being nationally accessible, the products are also all very affordable.  (Side note: Walgreens recently added a rewards program that stands to save their customers even more money! I totally signed up.)

The facial and bath tissues are made from sugar cane husk and bamboo; copy paper is 100% tree-free and bleach free; all-purpose cleaner is free of ammonia  harsh solvents, dyes and artificial fragrances, etc. Even their bottles are made of 100% post-consumer materials. Impressive!


Upon closer inspection, the only ingredient I'd find questionable in the baby All in One is Phenoxyethanol. While not my favorite, it still is lacking in the dyes, parabens, silicones, phthalates and animal byproducts that really concern me. And how wonderful to have an affordable product easily available for everyone!

I'm really happy to see Walgreens taking the initiative in making healthier products available for their customers. In general, they've made many updates to the store overall that I really enjoy. While I was in purchasing the Ology products for review, I also found they carry an awesome assortment of homeopathic teething aids for babies! Camilia, Humphrey's, brands I've always bought online. So glad to now know I can pop in for them rather than running out and then having to reorder and wait.

I hope everyone will give the new Ology line a try- they've really made reducing chemical exposure in our homes very easy and it's so, so important to take those steps!

I was sent a Walgreen’s gift card for the purposes of obtaining Ology products to review. No other compensation was offered or received. No suggestions or requests to select specific products within the Ology line were offered. I was in no way obligated to write a positive review and all opinions are mine and mine alone.

0 comments:

 
Blog designed by PIP Designs