Monday, May 2, 2011

SkinMD Natural Shielding Lotion review

A few weeks ago I was sent a bottle of SkinMD Natural Shielding Lotion to try out! I'll be honest- I'm not a huge lotion fanatic. You won't find me at a certain large bath products shop as scents make me nauseous and we're really trying hard to reduce product use in the home that contain parabens, sulfates and the like. SkinMD is definitely my kind of lotion, although it took me a while to really start to use it since it hasn't been habit.

This little bottle packs a lasting punch!

What I like best about the Shielding Lotion is how non-greasy it goes on. A little bit goes a long way and it absorbs readily without leaving you feeling like you might need to wash your hands to rid the residue. It also doesn't have a scent, which I greatly appreciate(as does my husband). Of course the big question is if it works- and I'm happy to say that under the most dire, roughed up, dried-out gardening hands, it truly does.

This is all I put on. Initially you can apply every 2-8 hours, then once or twice a day. I probably use it twice a day due to gardening. 

In the last week of gorgeous weather we've really put the Shielding Lotion to the test. One of the worst things I get from gardening without gloves(I know, I know, just can't stand wearing them!) are these prickly bits of skin that stick up on my fingers and grab on to anything with texture. Getting dressed can be pure torture!  However, after a couple applications of the lotion, the condition of my hands greatly improve. Even to the point I can pull on my cotton, sweater-knit top and not cringe!

There are other things I appreciate about the SkinMD Natural company. For one, they don't do any animal testing. They are also free of animal products and use 100% solar energy to manufacture their product. If only every company made such efforts.

SkinMD Natural has a 100% Satisfaction Guarantee and you can even request a sample to try before purchasing here! They have two formulas; the original and one with SPF 15. You can purchase on their website or use the store locator for a retailer near you.

Catch up with SkinMD Natural on facebook and twitter for the latest news and deals.


***I was sent a complimentary bottle of lotion in order to base my review; it in no way influenced my review and the words contained here are reflective of my honest opinion and experiences with the product.***

0 comments:

 
Blog designed by PIP Designs