Sunday, October 14, 2012

Moroccan Stuffed Squash (recipe)


I'm a sucker for a new recipe, and one that involves coconut milk. So when this gem was delivered to my inbox, you better believe I was all over it like... coconut milk on quinoa!



Are you drooling? 'Cause you should be. Look at all that deliciousness, tucked into it's own pretty bowl!

It's rare that I don't need to change up a recipe for one reason or another. I could not, for the life of me, find a pomegranate in Iowa the first time I made this. So instead we used plain old black raisins. The kids LOVED it. The second time made with the pomegranate, not so much. But, it was the first time I'd made anything with pomegranate seeds for them so I get it. Also, the first time we didn't have an orange on hand. And kind of thought it silly to use lemon zest but orange juice anyways, so I just used all lemon and 'zested' with the fine side of my cheese grater. The larger than usual pieces really gave it some oomph. 

It's a warm, filling fall meal that makes for a beautiful presentation. And, think it's pretty healthy for you, too! Enjoy.

Recipe from "The Sprouted Kitchen" by Sara Forte, copyright 2012. Published by Ten Speed Press, a division of Random House, Inc.

0 comments:

 
Blog designed by PIP Designs