Saturday, October 13, 2012

You Say Tomato...(dehydrating)


Despite the crazy hot temps this summer, we did manage to get a few tomatoes. The larger variety didn't do that great but the cherry ones really took off. I had hundreds of sweet little things! So when the first big freeze loomed I knew we had to grab everything out that we wanted to save.

What's a girl to do with a bazillion cherry tomatoes?

Google, baby!

I found a few different ideas and settled on dehydrating, since my mother in law had let us borrow her machine to do apple slices.(Now on my Christmas list!)

Such pretty little things, in a bowl or a pitcher or cut up on the tray.


Mama's helper(the box)!

It's so easy. There are no directions really needed, right?

I may have let them go a little longer than intended. You really have to check them.

Somewhere around 5+ quarts of cherry tomatoes now fit in one quart bag!
To the freezer they go!

I'll pull these babies out as needed to add a little pizzazz to... you name it. Sandwiches, soups, stews, pastas, etc. Only wish I'd had the dehydrator earlier in the year- will definitely be doing more next year with all kinds of things. Doesn't get any easier than this!

0 comments:

 
Blog designed by PIP Designs