Saturday, March 5, 2011

Chicken Corn Chowder recipe

My first foray into the world of cream soups... thanks to Our Family Treat! It. was. amazing.

Chicken Corn Chowder

Serves 6-8
Ingredients:

1 rotisserie chicken, shredded
1 onion, chopped
6 potatoes, peeled and diced
3 cans chicken broth
1 1/2 cups heavy cream
4 ounces cream cheese
2 cups frozen corn
1 garlic clove, minced
salt and pepper to taste


For the rest, go HERE.


I actually came across this recipe because I was looking for something to do with the frozen corn we have in the freezer. We canned it 2 falls ago and there is some remaining that needs eaten. Even better that I also happened to have copious amounts of chicken leftover from that oven-roasted whole chicken made last week. Going all out, we got a bag of organic red potatoes, heavy cream and cream cheese. In my experience, organic dairy makes a huge  difference you can taste. And the soup did not disappoint! It was amazing. I sprinkled a little cheese on top and then realized I really wanted something green, so chopped up some cilantro and piled that on. Served with apple slices(we eat a lot of apples!) and French bread. The only way this could have been any better is if I had made the bread fresh that same day! 



0 comments:

 
Blog designed by PIP Designs