Thursday, March 3, 2011

Creamy Pesto Pasta recipe

This was a super yummy and easy dish to make- the kids loved it!

Creamy Pesto Pasta

Ingredients

Pesto Sauce

1 cupfresh basil
1/2 cuppine nuts
4 clovesgarlic (I cheat and use the stuff in a jar)
1/2 cupshredded asiago cheese (non-processed parmesan is fine too)
1 tcoarse ground black pepper
to tastesalt
1/4 cupextra virgin olive oil

Alfredo Sauce

1/4 stickbutter
1/2 cupmilk
1 Tflour
1/2 cupshredded asiago cheese (or freshly shredded parmesan)

Pasta of choice (our favorites: ribbed penne or capellini)

Click HERE for the rest!


I used the honeycomb type pasta because the kids love the shape. Then toasted walnuts to put on top. Sliced pink lady apples on the side and some homemade crostini with a sun-dried tomato bruschetta. All in all it was pretty good. The sauce I had doubled and it was a pretty fair amount for the half a box of pasta I made. The color to me isn't that appealing so next time i might do the pesto with the pasta and then keep the sauce pure and drizzle on top. Would also be yum with maybe spinach, or mushrooms, or sun-dried tomatoes. Almost forgot! I think the cheese could be reduced. Maybe add some garlic? Can't put my finger on it but something was missing... Still a great dish to play around with!

0 comments:

 
Blog designed by PIP Designs