Friday, March 4, 2011

Grilled Veggie Quesadilla recipe

I *heart* me some EcoKaren and her lovely recipes! This week I tried the Grilled Veggie Quesadillas and another sandwich(I'll write about that one in a bit).

Grilled Veggie Quesadilla

Ingredients


1 green zucchini – sliced lengthwise
1 yellow zucchini – sliced lengthwise
1 yellow pepper – quartered
1 red pepper – quartered
1 bundle asparagus – ends chopped
8 flour tortilla
1/4 C chopped cilantro
2 avocados – pitted and sliced
1 C of shredded cheddar cheese
1/4 olive oil
1/4 C balsamic vinegar
1 Tbsp coarsely ground peppercorn
1 Tbsp coarsely ground sea salt or mineral salt



For the rest, go HERE.

Before you go saying, 'But I don't like asparagus!' keep in mind these are customizable. We followed the recipe pretty much to a T- even got fancy with homemade tortillas- and while they were delicious, I'd still change them up a bit next time. I loved the asparagus. Loved loved it. The balsamic vinegar is a must. I think a red onion or mushrooms would also be a yummy addition or substitution for something else. Of course, you can easily add a refried bean spread, hummus, chicken or shrimp to these and that would also be tasty. One thing I realized after making these is that I prefer an open-faced sandwich. So next time I'll be skipping the top and eating it more like a pizza! (Maybe that takes the 'dilla' out of the Quesadilla?!)

Either way, it was fantastic to open up the grill and throw some veggies on. I forgot how much I missed them!

Half-way created, minus the zukes as they were still on the grill!

0 comments:

 
Blog designed by PIP Designs