Milk-Free, Egg-Free Pancakes
makes 6 pancakes
- 1 cup white flour
- 3 tablespoons white sugar
- 2 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/2 tablespoons margarine
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 eggs or 2 tablespoons water
Prep Time: 5 mins
Total Time: 20 mins
- 1 Sift flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt together into medium mixing bowl.
- 2 Melt 2 1/2 Tbsp margarine in frying pan until melted.
- 3 Be sure to tip the pan side to side to coat/grease all over.
- 4 Pour melted margarine in a small bowl, add water and egg (if you want to add egg); Mix well.
- 5 Stir liquid mixture into the dry ingredients until it is thoroughly moistened.
- 6 It is OK if this batter is lumpy.
- 7 Cook the pancakes over medium-high heat on the stove-top (or 375F on electric frying pans).
- 8 Cook pancakes until the tops are bubbly and the bottoms browned.
- 9 Turn the pancakes over to cook other side (approximately four minutes per side).
- 10 Serve hot with margarine, honey, brown sugar or maple syrup.
- 11 Actual cooking time will depend on the size of the pan you are using; I have a small frying pan, so I have to do these individually. My mom has a griddle large enough to cook them all at once.
Read more: http://www.food.com/recipe/milk-free-egg-free-pancakes-92647#ixzz1D6bAMARQ