Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Roast Sticky Chicken- Rotisserie Style recipe

I have a couple recipes to share today that I made this week and enjoyed. First up is the amazing Roast Sticky Chicken. As almost always, I get many recipes from allrecipes.com and tweak them a bit. Trust me- you want to try this. You won't feel the need to buy an expensive grocery store rotisserie chicken after you see how easy it is to do at home!


Roast Sticky Chicken


Ingredients

  • 4 teaspoons salt
  • 2 teaspoons paprika
  • 1 teaspoon onion powder
  • 1 teaspoon dried thyme
  • 1 teaspoon white pepper
  • 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
  • 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
  • 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
  • 2 onions, quartered
  • 2 (4 pound) whole chickens

Go HERE for the directions



So I have a few chicken 'fryers' in the freezer from my grandpa's farm. I haven't been the best at using them because I felt a little intimidated working with a whole bird. This recipe really changed my mind about that as it was so easy. The recipe calls for 2 small birds but mine are little bigger so we used one. I didn't have onion powder or white pepper so skipped that. Of course if I were thinking I'd have made half the seasoning the directions make as it is for two birds, but my brain wasn't functioning last night at 11pm!

Put it in the oven at 7:15am and it was done by 11:15am! No basting required! I checked the temperature to make sure I had at least hit 170 and then set it on the stove top to finish cooking and cool down. This is what I got:


This chicken was unbelievably juicy and tender. I decided to pair it with some green beans, applesauce and the rest of yesterday's french bread(which I will post, too!) It was so easy. And we have tons left over now to freeze for enchiladas, chicken soup, etc. Have I ever told you how much I *love* my freezer? 

The whole delicious plate:

MMMM!

0 comments:

 
Blog designed by PIP Designs