Sunday, November 7, 2010

Holiday Open House: Christmas Music

A little background music is a must for any party, especially a Holiday party. We do a lot of entertaining in the holidays at my mom's. My mother has enough Christmas music to rival our local radio stations.

I'm not even joking.



Mannheim Steamroller and the Mormon Tabernacle are two mainstays in her collection. It's probably safe to say she has every Christmas album those two have ever made. We grew up to them being piped throughout the house all season long. I have to be honest- they are not my favorite. In fact, up until 2007 I promised everyone I disliked Christmas music entirely. However in 2007, as a newly married couple my husband and I were broke, so we decided to make a Christmas music mix CD to give to family as a gift. Suddenly there was a whole new world of Christmas music out there beyond what my mom played!

I do have some rules about Christmas music:

1. Cannot be played before Thanksgiving week. 
2. Must be 'good' music. No Backstreet Boys Christmas- the only exception being Mariah Carey. Ok, and Sarah McLachlan. 
3. Stops playing after New Year's. 

Three measly little rules. Not too bad, right? Not too Scroogey.

What is on the approved Crazy Green Mommy Christmas music list? Check out the top 10:

1. 'Baby It's Cold Outside' - Dean Martin
2. 'Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas' - Amy Grant
3. 'Blue Christmas' - Elivs Presley
4. 'So This Is Christmas' - Beatles
5. 'All I Want For Christmas Is You' - Mariah Carey
6. 'Silent Night' - Sarah McLachlan
7. 'Carol of the Bells' - Mormon Tabernacle
8. 'White Christmas' - Bing Crosby
9. 'Silver and Gold' - Burl Ives
10. 'O Holy Night' - Nat King Cole

So grab a mug of hot chocolate, kick on the fire place and throw on a classic mix to get in the Christmas Spirit. Putting up the Christmas Tree Thanksgiving weekend? Let Elvis and Mariah help! And I guess if you're so inclined, Mannheim Steamroller can join, too.

***CLICK HERE A Nation of Moms CLICK HERE***



2 comments:

Grocery Thief said...

What! I love Christmas music- more for the kids ; ) lol however we have been listening to it for a week now!
Stealin'Groceries

Dawn Lopez said...

Great post I love Holiday Music! I am stopping by to wish you much luck and to thank you so much ,for joining us for the Holiday Open House!!

Dawn
Blogmania 2011 Dream Team Member
Just Married with Coupons

 
Blog designed by PIP Designs