Monday, November 1, 2010

Housepoet's Lactation Cookies recipe

I realized I should post this recipe on my blog after eating some oatmeal cookies last night. Holy lots-o-milk, batman! My Boob Man actually refused to nurse on the other side as he was so full. There is nothing I love more than getting to kiss soft cheeks when they are totally zonked out- and tummy full zonked he was! This is not my original recipe, I found it a year or more? ago online on someone else's blog. It wasn't their original, either. Near as I can tell, the 'original' must be Housepoet, whomever she may be!
(I skip the flaxseed and they still seem to work just fine.)



Housepoet's Lactation Cookies 

Ingredients: 1 cup butter 
1 cup sugar 
1 cup brown sugar 
4 tablespoons water 
2 tablespoons flaxseed meal*

2 large eggs 
1 teaspoon vanilla 
2 cups flour 
1 teaspoon baking soda 
1 teaspoon salt 
3 cups oats, thick cut if you can get them 
1 cup or more chocolate chips 
2 tablespoons of brewers yeast** (be generous) 
(I skip the flaxseed and they still seem to work just fine.)

Directions: Preheat oven at 375 degrees F. 

Mix together 2 tablespoons of flaxseed meal and water, set aside for 3-5 minutes. Cream (beat well) butter and sugar. Add eggs one at a time, mixwell. Stir flaxseed mixture and add with vanilla to the margarine mix. Beat until blended. 
Sift together dry ingredients, except oats and chips. Add to margarine mixture. Stir in oats then chips. Scoop or drop onto baking sheet, preferably lined with parchment. The dough is a little crumbly, so it helps to use a scoop. 
Bake 8-12 minutes, depending on size of cookies. 

Serves: 6 dozen cookies 
*can be found at any local health food store, also Publix, Target, Whole Foods, most groceries **IT MUST BE BREWERS YEAST, NO SUBSTITUTIONS.

0 comments:

 
Blog designed by PIP Designs