Monday, November 29, 2010

A Merry Fluffy Christmas Spotlight- inspired mama MAKES!

Welcome to our November spotlights on the wonderful people sponsoring Adventures in Green Living for the upcoming A Merry Fluffy Christmas! Please take a moment to read about each sponsor and visit their shop.




After the above collage, is there really anything more I need to say? Look at that drool-worthy yarn! And the sweet felt crown! Personally, I'm mesmerized by that yarn in the bottom left. I'm not a fiber expert by any stretch of the imagination, but I've followed it a bit and that looks like licorice twist. Not that I even know what that means. Good heavens,  that yarn makes me want to be crazy and go grab the knitting needles still in their new package from a year+ ago. Maybe I really should learn to knit!

Or, maybe I should leave it up to the professionals, like Erika of inspired mama MAKES! She is our last wonderful WAHM to spotlight for A Merry Fluffy Christmas. And yes, some incredibly lucky reader is going to win a sample of her yarn- 4 ounces from her exclusive yarn club plus 2 ounces of solid trim! Read on to learn more about her and the amazing things she creates. Also, check out her blog(I love it!).


Tell us about you!
i am erika, the busy mama behind inspired mama MAKES! i knit, sew, and hand dye natural yarn and fabric. 

When did you learn to craft and who taught you? i learned to knit several years ago when i took a class at a local craft store. i hadn't progressed much beyond dish cloths and hats until i decided to learn to knit wool diaper covers for my babies. in the past 4 years i have emerged myself in everything fiber related including dyeing and spinning my own yarn. soon after i began knitting for my little ones i decided i would need to sew for them as well. clothes, diapers, toys, blankets... all mama made! i also love to re-purpose items such as sweaters, tee shirts and table cloths into wonderful new and useful items.

Why do you create these items? i have a strong love for hand crafted, one of a kind items made from natural or re-purposed materials.

Where do you get your ideas?
 i get much of my inspiration from my five kids ranging in ages from 6 months to 16 years old. we love toys that spark imagination and creativity. my yarn colorways are whimsical and colorful and create garments that are fun to knit and wear.

What new items are you planning on adding to your shop? i am currently working on some cute little dolls made from recycled fabrics as well as many new and exciting yarn and fiber colorways. i have a new yarn subscription in the works as well!

How long have you had your shop?
 i have been selling things locally for a few years and opened inspired mama MAKES! on etsy in march of last year. 

What area of the country are you from? we live in a lovely, quiet little neighborhood in boise, idaho. i have lived here all my life and my husband is originally from montana where we have talked about living some day.

Do you have any other hobbies? my other hobbies include biking, hooping, baking and cooking and most recently, backyard chickens!

Would you like to share any info about family/pets i work in my tiny studio in my tiny home and love every second of it. you can follow my family's adventures as well as learn about shop updates by reading my blog :: inspired mama musings 

Erika and her son, Luca

Thanks, Erika, for letting us get to know you better and sponsoring A Merry Fluffy Christmas!

0 comments:

 
Blog designed by PIP Designs