Sunday, November 7, 2010

A Merry Fluffy Christmas Spotlight- Same Knit Different Dye

Welcome to our November spotlights on the wonderful people sponsoring Adventures in Green Living for the upcoming A Merry Fluffy Christmas! Please take a moment to read about each sponsor and visit their shop.




Next up in our lineup of fabulous sponsors is Michele of Same Knit Different Dye. I found Michele originally on etsy.com and she has since also opened her shop up on hyenacart.com, also named Same Knit Different Dye. Both sites are wonderful places to find handmade items.
Let's get to know Michele! 



When did you learn to knit and dye? 

About a year and a half ago I learned to knit... I bought a book and started by that then watched some videos and had a friend I could ask questions to. Basically though, I taught myself and just dove right into things; if I didn't know how to do something I would look it up! I started to dye wool/yarn a little less than a year ago and it's been a learn as you go with the help of a book and online tutorials. 

Why do you create these items? 

I really enjoy it. It makes me feel good about myself, I feel like I'm actually doing something and not being a lazy bum. It's really a lot of fun I love it! As for dying, it brings out my creative side as well as being fun. 


Where do you get your ideas? 

Well I use patterns for now, one day I will figure out how to write my own patterns. The yarn colorways I get from anything, all my surroundings and pictures I see. If I like the colors, I think whether it would look well on yarn. 


What area of the country are you from? 

Well that gets complicated... I live in Central Illinois right now and have been here for 4.5 years, I came from Phoenix, Arizona (where I met my husband), and I'm originally from Philadelphia, PA but moved to AZ when I was 15. Still have family in both places but moved here for my husband. 

Would you like to share any info about your family? 

Well, there's me (Michele), my husband of 6.5 years (Patrick) and we have two little girls, Camryn is 4 and Jillian is 2.5 and I guess while I'm at it we have 2 labs, 2 cats and 2 fish... funny they're all in 2's, that's just a coincidence.



Thank you, Michele! You're going to want to watch for her in one of our A Merry Fluffy Christmas giveaway packages. She is offering a YYMN (your yarn, her needle) custom spot for a soaker, shorties or longies. Can't wait to find out who the lucky winner will be in December! Get that event button up on your blog for some extra entries and make sure to post HERE when you do!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi I'm your newest follower, have an excellent day!

Liz

WWW.ablogwithnopurpose.blogspot.com

 
Blog designed by PIP Designs