Friday, November 26, 2010

A Merry Fluffy Christmas Spotlight- Northern Essence

Welcome to our November spotlights on the wonderful people sponsoring Adventures in Green Living for the upcoming A Merry Fluffy Christmas! Please take a moment to read about each sponsor and visit their shop.






Northern Essence is a one stop shop for all things bath, body and home for everyone in the house! Run by Traci Hoffman, Northern Essence is a trusted name by many when it comes to baby wipes solution, rash salves, wool wash and more. They are 'committed to quality ethical sourcing, natural ingredients and no animal testing.' Northern Essence also makes a point of minimal packaging to save consumers the additional cost- and hey, it works out for the environment, too!

We were originally introduced to Northern Essence via a small sample pot of lip butter I got from another WAHM purchase online. (Yes, samples really do work!) I loved loved the strawberry smoothie lip butter and soon ordered more from them. Actually, I need to get more right now! I'd always heard good things about their baby care and wool care items but hadn't the opportunity to try them out until now. Traci graciously sent me a package of baby care items and a wool wash bar that we've had fun testing out the past week! 



We are loving the rash salve and wipes concentrate. Hats off to the convenience of the Natural Wipe Concentrate in the 2oz foaming bottle. It's the perfect size to throw in the diaper bag and I love that we don't have to worry about pre-wetting our cloth wipes. Or juggling baby to wet a wipe in the sink prior to changing! The rash salve is also very nice and has helped my son a lot as we've dealt with teething and colds. Both are cloth diaper friendly of course and in my opinion, must-haves for cloth moms on the go. 

The foaming wipe concentrate- so easy on the go!

We also got to enjoy(or rather, my sweet son) the soft hemp/organic cotton fleece wipe Northern Essence carries. And Oh, My! Is it soft! If I had my way everything that touched his skin (and mine) would be made of this same incredible material. Sheets, anyone? 

Lastly, I've developed a close relationship with my wool bar recently thanks to the joys of... well, being a mom in good times and bad. Let me tell you it wasn't a job for the weak of stomach or a weak wool wash bar- I was definitely thankful for the timing in getting that package from Traci! And Wool Mama's know, we are serious about our woolies! After a good round with the bar, you'd never be the wiser for the 'fun' we had last week. Whew! I get a little shaky just thinking about what might have happened to my lovelies(so does my pocketbook). 

Traci has generously contributed a similar package of baby and wool care items to be given away during A Merry Fluffy Christmas! Aren't you lucky? Go on and check them out on facebook to get a preemptive extra entry ready for the event!


**I received product to write an honest review, I was not compensated in any way and these opinions and experiences are my own

0 comments:

 
Blog designed by PIP Designs