Monday, November 15, 2010

Mommy needs a Time Out

Oh my Monday.



We're going on a month now with this ridiculous cough that only creeps up at night. Both kids and I have it though at this point, it's mostly me. Which = no sleep for Mama. Not that Mama gets much sleep anyways but there goes what little she did.
Last night was particularly awful and I was feeling it this morning. It took me a bit longer than usual to shake out of it. Finally was feeling closer to 'normal' when it happened. The newly climbing Boob Man tipped over in one of the kids' chairs. Thankfully, he fell on the rug instead of the hardwood. Sadly, he face planted pretty hard and bit his tongue. It bled some but not too much so I didn't think it was that bad. It took him a long time to calm down though and he refused to nurse which is our usual comfort tool.
Finally he calms down, take a too short nap and gets up to play. I go to make lunch when it happens. 'You don't do that to me!' in an indignant 3yr old voice followed by a loud *thump* and much wailing. They were just outside my line of vision while I was making lunch. Barely. Apparently Big Sis pushed the Boob Man down and he fell straight backwards from standing, hitting his head. Excellent.
Queue 2 hours of crying.
And he finally opens his mouth enough for me to see he really did do a number on his tongue. It took an hour after a dose of motrin to get him settled down and able to nurse. He finally passed out maybe 25 minutes ago. Oh, blissful silence! It's a good thing there are cookies in the house. And no alcohol. I'm kind of joking, we don't drink. But if ever there was a morning to start...

Now Time Out for Mommy! The dishes can wait.

0 comments:

 
Blog designed by PIP Designs