Thursday, November 4, 2010

A Merry Fluffy Christmas Spotlight- ScotiaFarmGirl

Welcome to our November spotlights on the wonderful people sponsoring Adventures in Green Living for the upcoming A Merry Fluffy Christmas! Please take a moment to read about each sponsor and visit their shop.


ScotiaFarmGirl is our first spotlight; you'll find her on Etsy if you're browsing for cloth diapers, doublers and wipes. She's been open since August of 2009. Let's get to know the owner, Linney Cairns!





When did you learn to sew and who taught you?   
No one really[taught me]- my mother sews and sewed a lot of the clothing my brother and I wore as kids. She even made my prom dress and wedding dress! So I guess I get the LOVE of sewing from her. :)  
 
As far as the diapers themselves, I decided I could make them just as easily as I could buy them, make them even cuter, squishier and more affordable.




Why do you create these items? 
I started making diapers for our now 26 month old daughter, then had friends who were interested and then strangers! So I opened up my little Etsy shop. 
 
What new items are you planning on adding to your shop?   
I am hoping to add bamboo inserts , AIO diapers with snap-in inserts and newborn diapers to my line up in 2011. Who knows what other things I might decide to create along the way.
 
What area of the country are you from? 
I'm from Canada, the East Coast. 'Canada's ocean playground' if you read the license plates.  It's beautiful here- small and quiet- some of the scenery will take your breath away. Great seafood, too. (Sign me up! The Crazy Green Mommy loves her seafood!)

Do you have any other hobbies? 
Absolutely, I like to do all kinds of artwork. I love to write letters, it's a forgotten art these days. I play piano and I'm trying to learn guitar but am terribly unco-ordinated. I like to sew other things and take pictures of everything. I like long walks with my daughter and I love to ride horses.
 
We have one crazy little shelter rescue dog named Billy and a big fuzzy horse named Firecat. And we can't forget Ralph, the cat who adopted us!





A big Thank You to Linney of ScotiaFarmGirl for sponsoring us. She's contributed an awesome holiday diaper and wipes for one of our readers! We love our WAHM's at Adventures in Green Living!

0 comments:

 
Blog designed by PIP Designs